My name is Miguel Salgado, and I do a lot of things in my computer on my spare time. My main activity right now is my job, and previously it was my Physics undergrad degree, and after that, and my past and current second activity is studing about math.
I’m working for an IoT and food safety company called iQKitchen, and previously I did some Salesforce development for a company called Advancio. Before doing software development, I had several jobs as a phone agent, barista, waiter, and other college student like jobs.
During my studies, I worked on simulations and typesetting for my courseworks, and took many math and cs courses. My interests are right now in subjects surrounding.
- Differential Equations
css(It’s been fun the last times, I’ve used it in depth)
I spend alot of time in my computer working on things or skills, that I think from my experience working and interacting with grad students, will be of benefit when I start my Grad Studies.
Some of these activities involve:
- Reading about areas of knowledge that are not realated to math (necesarily).
- Learning about computer tools to do the jobs more easily, like really understanding how ploting works (I got in to computer graphics, and I’ve read extensively the
mathplotliblibrary for python to better understand how to use it)
- Learning about software development in general, (so much I’m working as one right now).
- Enjoying the arts.
- Learning how to communicate efectively (this site is part of this excersise).
- Networking before the grad studies.
Some may say I am taking this preparing for grad school a bit to far, but the truths it that I needed a rest from school for a bit, and I really want to pursue academic life in the future, but right now, I’m just enjoying all the things I’m doing, and at the same time nurturing my self with things that in the past I didn’t like as much.
Right now my favorite tools to work with are:
- Pandoc, and markup languages (I really want to get in to
- I’m getting deeper in to Git but so far I like it very much
Somethings I still want to get more related to right now are:
- Teaching techniques
- Functional Programming
- Computer Newtorking and Telecomunications
Some of my favorite thoughts that I’ve haven’t been able to conclude on:
- How does the impact of religion over social behaviour works? More specific why are the mainstream religions are so succesful and why they’ve prevailed ages.
- What kinds of common conducts for humans are directly triggered by primal instincts.
Now that you know more about me, feel free to send me an email and ask any question: email@example.com